AvaTrade is one of the most reputable brokers in the world with leading trading platforms, and account types and educational material. AvaTrade has built a brand on a solid reputation and continues to please new customers as they join this brokerage. AvaTrade offers trading in commodities, cryptocurrencies, forex, exchange-traded funds, options, bonds, and equities. AvaTrade is a good choice for any type of forex trader ranging from beginners to scalpers and intraday traders to long-term traders.
AvaTrade account types
AvaTrade offers two main types of accounts; the demo account and the real accounts. Traders opening real accounts can choose from four types which include the Silver account, Gold account, Platinum account and Ava Select account.
- The Silver account requires a minimum deposit of $100
- The Gold account requires a minimum deposit of $1000
- The Platinum account requires a minimum deposit of $10,000
- Ava Select account requires a minimum deposit of $100,000
Each real account has access to the core set of Avatrade services. Avatrade offers trading webinars and courses as well as access to live market news and trading signals. Avatrade is a good broker for beginners and advanced traders alike.
Islamic (Swap-free) Account Available
AvaTrade offers Islamic or Swap-free accounts. To sign up for an Islamic account, follow the regular sign up process and when you speak with the account manager, tell them that you want to have an Islamic account and they make the change for you. Swap-free accounts do not charge any special fees or any interest on the account.
Note that if you want to try Cryptocurrencies, you will not be able to do so under a Swap-free account. This is mainly due to the way the trading is set up, and Avatrade cannot make the guarantee that interest is not taken somewhere in the process. If you do wish to trade cryptocurrencies, you will need to give up the Islamic Account privileges.
AvaTrade trading platforms
AvaTrade provides a variety of trading platforms for forex traders. Some of these include:
- MetaTrader 4 – The standard and single best trading software available to traders. An MT4 Floating Spreads account is available where liquidity is taken directly from the market.
- AvaTradeAct – A custom software for those who want to trade in the browser. It includes all the features AvaTrade has enabled in their accounts and is continually getting updates to improve the trading experience.
- Mobile – Both an IOS & Android app is available for those who want to be able to monitor trades while away from a computer. Although I never see a mobile application replacing the desktop, these apps are important in enabling traders to work while doing other things.
- Automated Trade – A number of automated trading options are available with AvaTrade accounts. Each of them enables the trader to copy the trades of other successful traders. Options for automated trading include (but are not limited to) DupliTrade, Robox & ZuluTrade. Please take caution using these connectors as it opens your trading account to risk.
Other AvaTrade features
- AvaTrade offers several important forex trading tools which include: Expert Advisors (EA) on MT4, Trading Central and a Direct Dealing Room Support.
- AvaTrade also offers forex education materials like Webinars, Videos, Guides, Daily News, Demos and Technical Analysis.
- AvaTrade also provides their retail forex traders with Personal Account Manager so you have a reliable point of contact for all your needs.
- The AvaTrade Customer Service is open for 24-hours for the five working days that the market is open.
AvaTrade has allowed the use of a number of money transaction methods when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money from your AvaTrade account. The allowed methods of transacting money include bank wire transfers, PayPal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Ava Debit Card, and WebMoney.
Company & Regulation
Avatrade is a well regulated global brokerage. Regulators include the Central Bank of Ireland, Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), British Virgin Islands Financial Service Commission (B.V.I), Financial Futures Association of Japan, Securities Commission Malaysia and the Financial Services Board (FSB) in South Africa.
AvaTrade was founded in 2006 and its headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland. It also has other offices in Japan, France, China, Italy, South Africa, and Australia enabling them to provide quality customer service and account management in most time zones where they have traders active.